Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Much More

Why am I so broken?
I'm damaged. The pieces don't fit together. They don't make something beautiful.
I know what I want. I just can't seem to find it.
I cling to my ashes. I hold them tightly in clenched fists. My guilt defeats me and I am dressed in shame.
I see it everywhere I go, broken eyes and cracked smiles. No one cares to take a second glance. They continue walking past the pain.
I am a mess. My ability to hold myself together is slowly fading away and I cannot find the time to smile or the power to laugh.
The line between bearable and unbearable is a fine one.
I can't breathe. I can't think. I can't sleep. My heart is heavy, and every step I take is increasingly more difficult than the last.
I drift into the music, and a breath escapes my lips, my eyes close and I pray for a moment of peace.

Another day has passed and nothing has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment